I.P. V6 and HSPC/PBA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 64bithost.com, Mar 21, 2008.

1. 64bithost.com

64bithost.com Tera Poster

So is Parallels.com going to integrate I.P. V6 into HSPC/PBA? or are we going to get run over and never use it and just be stuck with I.P. V4?

2. Dmitry Frantsev

Dmitry Frantsev Odin Team

As I know this feature already planned to be added into next 3.4 PBA release. But can not say for sure when it will be available.

3. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Any ideas yet about when 3.4 will come out? You are now starting to cut it fine with IPV4 depletion. 2 years without any feedback since first Parallels reply does not inspire confidence.

We have our IPV6 netblock and want to start using it. Our business automation software does not cater for this.

Some people estimate IPV4 depletion mid 2011. Will Parallels be ready? I have an uneasy feeling.

jacko
    echo "customer feedback" > /dev/null ?

4. SzczepanR

SzczepanR Kilo Poster

One more customer interested in IPv6

We are one more customer (even partner) interested in IPv6 in PBAS. And in Plesk also.

5. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

According to: http://penrose.uk6x.com/
    Regional registry IPv4 address exhaustion in... 637 days.

Can you please make sure you give us a bit of time for our testing unlike when you missed the boat with .EU domain registrations.

Thanks!
    jacko

6. FedorK

FedorK Mega Poster

Sirs,

Parallels will include IPv6 support in one of future releases of PBAS. We can't now say when it happened, but PBAS will be support IPv6 much early when IPv4 address exhaustion.

--
    Fedor Kolesnikov
    PBA Development Team
    Parallels, Inc.

7. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Hello Fedor,

Thanks. I will go back to counting our IPV6 addresses whilst we wait.

Jacko

8. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

This KB article suggests PBAS 3.4 has been released, but, cannot find it on the Parallels site anywhere:
    http://kb.odin.com/8718

Has it actually been released?

9. FedorK

FedorK Mega Poster

Hello jacko@,

PBAS 3.4 not published yet, we still work on this version.

10. 64bithost.com

64bithost.com Tera Poster

PBAs 3.4

Waiting patiently. I am running a server with only 4 GB of ram and having problems with slow response times on my updates. Would like to know an approximation of release date. Is it coming out before the next Summit?

11. Boris Hinzer

Boris Hinzer Kilo Poster

Also wating for even a sign of life of PBAS. Parallels Germany says there will be a roadmap published soon.
    At least it should already be out since the 15th of july ... and still waiting.

12. Roy Boverhof

Roy Boverhof Kilo Poster

I know the feeling, some times I wonder why I even pay SUS? I haven't put my hosting operation live because I feel HSPC is simply not ready to use in a production environment yet... sure, it more or less works for the couple of beta customers I have... but I am not sure I would want to manage a lot of customers using this system :(

13. Boris Hinzer

Boris Hinzer Kilo Poster

@Roy: We are facing exactly the same situation here with our customers. This year we refused to pay SUS because the lack of information. I told them that I will pay SUS if I get a roadmap. Then Parallels sales told me that even if I will need reinstallment (after SUS has run out) they wont charge me for this - just for SUS.

But this doesn't solve the main problem. We don't know where we are going with PBAS.
    We decided now to develop our own shop for hosting and domain products - but this will also take time.

14. Ronan@

Ronan@ Kilo Poster

Pbas 3.4

Looks like we will finally get a release date for the next version of PBAS (3.4).

There is a webcast scheduled for August 25th. Signup @ http://www.parallels.com/webcasts/. Click the "Parallels Automation Suite" tab.

15. Boris Hinzer

Boris Hinzer Kilo Poster

Thankfully I just got the "statement of direction" for PBAS - showing a roadmap of development.
    Also I've subscribed to the webcast for EMEA now.