HSP - Plesk inside VPS

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by tnats@, Dec 14, 2006.

1. tnats@

tnats@ Mega Poster

Ok, I have my first Virtuozzo customer that has Plesk on his CentOS VPS.

When he adds a new domain, how does the DNS work? I mean, when he adds a new site to his VPS, it syncs with HSP with no problems.

But, when he adds a new domain plesk, it doesn't go anywhere. Does HSP hookup with a Plesk inside VPS?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Cranky

Cranky Guru

HSPc DNS does not integrate with Plesk within a VE, unless it's registered as provider/reseller's Plesk node in HSPc. You will need to write a script to do this automatically, or each VE can have their own nameservers.

3. tnats@

tnats@ Mega Poster

Cranky, thanks so much for the reply. I was going nuts on this.

Here is what I did, since the VPS the customer has has it's own dns, I had himi create dns1.<hisdomain>.com and dns2.<hisdomain.com>.com and also create a nother IP address for his VPS. From there, he registers his VPS as a name server but now I'm stuck. How can that DNS server manage the plesk domains?

p.s. Cranky, you guys helped me with my VPS memory set up and it's working great!

4. Cranky

Cranky Guru

If DNS1/DNS2 are registered as nameservers with the domain registrar, and they point to IP's on the VPS, these should automatically serve the DNS zones added in Plesk. Try it. :)

You're welcome, happy to help. :)