HSP or Expand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hostcenter, Sep 25, 2006.

1. hostcenter

hostcenter Kilo Poster

Hello,

we have Expand 2 install with dns and Mail-client.

Can the structure be taken over by Plesk server with Mail- and DNS server under HSP? Does someone have experiences thereby? SWSOFT gives in this connection no direct answer :mad:

2. olsh

olsh Odin Team

what is your purpose of using Expand? do you use centralized Mail and/or DNS? Do you have more than one Plesk server?

3. hostcenter

hostcenter Kilo Poster

hello,

yes. i have 15 Web-Server (WIN and Linux), 1 central. Mail-Server und DNS Server.

i want have a complett infrastructur from webserver with extern Mailserver and exteren DNS Server and more.
    we have plan 10 or more new server 2007 for webhosting and managament-Server for speziell Clients.

with expand new problems emerge again and again. The system runs 2 weeks and is already again new errors present. Particularly with current systems, without which changes are made. That costs very much time and money.

I have the feeling, which I am of swsoft involuntary beta tester. 90% the error are development errors. i have expand 2.0.1 and i´m :mad:

ps. i have other server with confixx, ensim and other control panel, too.
    i want have only plesk and confixx. but I think, I those system with will keep.

4. olsh

olsh Odin Team

Hello hostcenter,

first of all, I'm sorry to hear about problems with Expand. We have launched Expand 2.1 beta last week - it has many improvements comparing to Expand 2.0.1 version. I really hope it will work better for you.

As to compatibility between Plesk Expand and HSPcomplete - first versions which are compatible will be released soon: Plesk Expand 2.1 final release will work fine with HSPcomplete 3.3 final release.

Therefore, as soon as you have Plesk Expand 2.1 - you can consider adding HSPcomplete 3.3 for full automation including billing, e-commerce, automated provisioning, customers self-management, upgrades and more.

HSPcomplete will not replace Expand - these two products designed to work together. Expand provides centralized Mail, while HSPcomplete provides the rest.

5. hostcenter

hostcenter Kilo Poster

hello,

thank you for the information. but that is, which I need expand and hsp. those are high cost, if one considers still the licenses of plesk.
    those are approx. 1100 dollar in the month on are entitled for expand, hsp and plesk.

and up to then I have nevertheless my problem with expand and annoyed customers.

6. olsh

olsh Odin Team

Hello hostcenter,

If you will use HSPcomplete, then you will NOT need full Plesk Expand system. You will need Plesk Expand CMail ONLY - it is cheaper than Plesk Expand as far as I know.

7. stiller

stiller Bit Poster

It does work a lot better than previous versions. In fact, I would say this is the first version that's actually worth its price.

This is not entirely true. We have both Expand 2.1 and just got HSPcomplete 3.3 and although they don't immediately interfere with eachother, they don't work toether exactly, either. They just don't notice eachother.

They are certainly not designed to work together. They don't even share the same nameserver system. When you switch to HSPc, you'll be forced to switch over to its DNS system. Systems designed to work together would just accept eachothers nameservers.

If you plan on getting HSPc in the future, I'd suggest skipping Expand altogether. At least for the DNS functionality.