How to (re)move backup node (fails with error referencing MySQL node)

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by SteveITS, Apr 2, 2017.

1. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Hi, I need to move the backup node for our PPA installation. When I go to delete the existing node out of PPA, I get the error message:

Service 'db' on Database Server x.x.x.90 used by 3 domains

The IP address is the IP of a web+MySQL service node. Is it trying to say it won't delete the backup node because there are still backups on it? So I would need to delete all of those backups first?

Edit: my plan was to copy the backups to the new backup node, after adding it to PPA.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

I searched a while more today and found this KB: https://kb.odin.com/en/127340 ("Cannot remove database service node. Service "db" is used."). It only talks about that in relation to a database service node...I don't understand why it would be flagging the three databases on the other service node when I delete this backup node. And I did verify the backup node doesn't have the identified IP attached to it. The backup node does have one that is close...x.x.x.9 instead of x.x.x.90. It can't be partially matching a random other node can it?

3. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Well I got past this. I added an IP alias to the backup node, x.x.x.30, which didn't conflict with any other service nodes (x.x.x.300 isn't possible). Then I changed the IP address of the service node (http://download.automation.odin.com...operations_guide/index.htm?fileName=73511.htm) to x.x.x.30. Then I deleted the service node and it immediately deleted.

So apparently the deletion of at least backup nodes pattern matches the IP address instead of looking for an exact match? A strange bug...

PPA does apparently "remember" that the backups exist even after the backup node was deleted. I didn't try a restore but hopefully copying the files to their new home is sufficient to make the backups usable.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017