How-to integrate pbas customer CP and plesk panel user Authentication

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by Mikhaylov9, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Mikhaylov9

Mikhaylov9 Kilo Poster

Hello! i have a PBAS and Virtuozzo container hosting plan with Plesk Panel installation.
    how can i do SSO Authentication from PBAS CP to Plesk Panel. When user will login from PBAS CP to Plesk Panel, plesk panel will be Authenticating without asking login and password?
    thanx

2. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

This is default workflow. After login to PBAS CP, customer will have an access to all his services without necessity to enter additional passwords.

3. Mikhaylov9

Mikhaylov9 Kilo Poster

But in my case it does not work, what could be the problem?

4. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

I cannot even imagine without details / versions/ symptoms / errors description from application log / interface.

5. Mikhaylov9

Mikhaylov9 Kilo Poster

I have a PBAS 4.5.5-31, Virtuozzo container created by Virtual hosting plan, and Plesk panel web app 12.5 installed on it.
    When i logged in PBAS CP as a customer and i clicked to the Plesk Panel link in the Virtual hosting plan, i saw a login screen to the Plesk Panel without autologin.
    And this is out of the box.
    P.S. After initial configuration of Plesk Web App , autologin is working, but before initial config of Plesk Autologin not working and Plesk config script is ascking for Administrative information

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  6. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

PBAS will pass initial configuration wizard on Plesk only in case of Plesk Virtual Node HP bought by reseller. And it will be possible to log in into Plesk Panel in RCC from Plesk Node settings.
    If we are talking about simple Virtuozzo Container hosting plan with Plesk application installed, there will be no authorization in background in PBAS CP.

7. Mikhaylov9

Mikhaylov9 Kilo Poster

Does the PPA VPS hosting plans has this feature?

8. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

It's better to ask this question to PPA people.

BTW, in PBAS it wouldn't take much time to implement this functionality (with some limitations, indeed). Here is an internal issue ID PBAS-15495, so please contact your sales representative and ask to increase priority of this task.