how to configure MS sql server 2014 on VPS

Discussion in 'Installation, Configuration and Upgrade' started by Danyal Haider, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Danyal Haider

Danyal Haider Bit Poster

I purchased VPS from godaddy. I successfully installed MS SQL server 2014 on my VPS but now i am facing problems in ms sql server configuration.

I found this error on my Database Dashboard: " Unable to determine the TCP port number used by Microsoft SQL server '.\MSSQLSERVER2014': TCP/IP protocol is not enabled in the server network configuration or the server is configured to use dynamic TCP ports.
    To allow your customers to automatically configure firewall for remote database access, manually configure the SQL server to listen on a specific fixed TCP port."

Anyone have a proper solution how to resolve this issue. Please provide step by step solution. Waiting for your replies? Thank you

2. Pavel

Pavel A.I. Auto-Responder Staff Member

Dear Danyal,

That is not a PVCfW-specific issue, it's common to MSSQL configuration regardless of the place it is installed.
    The message itself is quite clear - it says your MSSQL does not listed on a static port, but uses dynamic one instead, thus firewall rule cannot be configured since there is no static port. I'd recommend you to check following article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/823938