how to add whois private registration

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by galaxy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

I have a customer that created DNS registrations and forgot to check the box
    for private registrations. How do you add this feature to a domain name
    already registered?

I do have a panel into the registrar that I can manually do this, but I want
    the customer to be charged like they are on the other domains they have.

2. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

It's unfortunately a manual task for you.

jacko

3. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

Are you privy to the manual tasks that need to be performed?

4. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

There are some database things I think you can do, but, don't have the details.

You could order whois privacy with your registrar and create another subscription for the privacy and set the end date to the same as the domain? Might work.

5. valupulai123

valupulai123 Bit Poster

To add private registration to your domain you should contact your website provider and seek help.
    After privately registering your domain you can do Whois search with the help of WhoisXY.com and confirm it.

6. valupulai123

valupulai123 Bit Poster

To add private registration to your domain you should contact your website provider and seek help.
    After privately registering your domain you can do Whois search with the help of WhoisXY.com and confirm it.

7. scardus01

scardus01 Kilo Poster

You'll need to manually add whois protect with your domain registry. Afterwards you can alter the PBAS database so that it automatically bills for whois protect on renewal. Check my old post on the PBAS Google Group for more info: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pba-s/6Ed_zEcjucc/ZVQOeQohCRsJ

WARNING: DON'T DO THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

Sean