Hadware Compatibility List

Discussion in 'Installation, Update and Configuration' started by KrazyBob, Aug 31, 2014.

1. KrazyBob

KrazyBob Mega Poster

Greetings to all!

I am looking for the Virtuozzo 4.7x HCL - Hardware Compatibility List. I am specifically looking for SATA III RAID controllers.

Thank you in advance!

2. IP^__^

IP^__^ Odin Team

Parallels Virtuozzo Containers for Linux is compatible with hardware devices supported by Red Hat kernels, but due to an infinite variety of computer system configurations and the manufacturing specifications and components of hardware change, Parallels cannot guarantee compatibility with all hardware.

For the information regarding Hardware Compatibility List you can refer to http://odin.com/products/pvc/deployment-resources/#tab2

3. KrazyBob

KrazyBob Mega Poster

In the past Virtuozzo only supported a handful of cards. Your reply suggests that more cards *may* be supported. It would be nice to have an absolute answer but I still appreciate your reply. I don't want to use the built-in controller on the motherboards and lean towards 3Ware/LSI. I have a box of never opened 960SE's (SATA II) but SATA II RE4 drives are getting harder to find except as "refurbished". I asked one seller on eBay what refurbished meant and he told me that they wiped all of the previous data. I had to laugh :)

In a web hosting environment that primarily serves 2k graphic files and the like is there really going to be much difference between 3.0GB/s and 6.0GB/s?

Thank you again for taking the time to reply. I appreciate you.