Freebsd + psa 7.0.1

Discussion in 'Plesk 7.0 Troubleshooting and Problems' started by stephen, Feb 25, 2004.

1. stephen

stephen Guest

I downloaded the FBSD build of psa7 tonight and installed it on my personal/beta box, upgrading from psa6.02. So far the only issue that has crept up is this.

During the upgrade process the files /usr/local/psa/qmail/users/poppasswd and assign were pretty much garbage.... Almost all the email accounts were dysfunctional right after the upgrade. I had to copy my backup poppasswd and assign over the new ones aftewards mail and things seem to start working in that area.
  2. Pisang

Pisang Guest

Yep, that seems to be a bug.

If you read on in this forum you will notice that there are more users with this problem.

Backing up the old file solves this.
  3. stephen

stephen Guest

additional issues.

Here are some more FreeBSD based issues I have found.

1. Named.conf is not regenerated in a upgrade.

2. Mchk does not work with the email issue I pointed out in my last email. In fact it breaks it worse by deleting lines from poppasswd and assign.

3. The rc.d/psa restart does not always start httpd it shows it stopped but does not say started and the process is def not started.

4. when executing rc.d/psa restart or shutdown you get this message
    psa: Courier-IMAP server has been restarted
    usage: kill [-s signal_name] pid..
    Kill -l [exit_status]
    Kill -signal_name pid
    Kill -signal_number pid

5. seeing a lot of warning: unable to stat mess/5/1/xxxxxxx but now reason in the maillog for some reason.

I have to say I am extremely disappointed of all the bugs in this product this is definitely not a production class product yet. If I had upgraded our customer servers I would have been sol with failures. Why is named.conf thing still an issue?? This was a problem going from 5.5 to 6. I know this was reported and I know it was easily replicated.
  4. Pisang

Pisang Guest

We have more problems as well. Too many to mention.

It seems that many files are replaced without upgrading, extremely disappointing.

A complete re-install will fix it :(
    It will be done. Luckily it is not too much work.

Future upgrading... don't think so.
    Or it must be a completely new server.