[FreeBSD] Apache crashes when adding IP addresses

Discussion in 'Plesk 7.1 Reloaded Troubleshooting and Problems' started by remco, Jan 7, 2005.

1. remco

remco Guest

[FreeBSD] URGENT: Apache crashes when adding IP addresses

When i add IP addresses to the server through the webinterface (server > ip aliasing), Apache crashes abruptly :(

This is what i get in the Apache error_log :

[Fri Jan 7 14:52:08 2005] [error] mod_ssl: Init: (default-217-21-240-4:443) Ops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!
    [Fri Jan 7 14:52:08 2005] [error] mod_ssl: Init: (default-217-21-240-4:443) You have to perform a *full* server restart when you added or removed a certificate and/or key file

Can somebody please help me?

2. remco

remco Guest

no-one?

3. jshanley

jshanley Mega Poster

Crashes when adding IPs

Yeah I know. Plesk "gracefully" restarts apache every 15 minutes by default. If you add IPs to the server, by default it also assigns the default SSL certificate to the new IPs.

You cannot "gracefully" restart apache if you're adding SSL stuff, apparently. So, when you add IPs - go into Server -> Service Management and do a full "stop", then "start" on apache.

It'd be good if Plesk set a flag in the database, so when it came time to restart the webserver at that 15 minute interval, it knew that a new IP (with SSL config) had been added - so it did a full stop/start that time, instead of a graceful restart.

But right now it doesn't do anything like that.