Emails Plans using Hosting Plan

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by IsmaeelA, Nov 13, 2014.

1. IsmaeelA

IsmaeelA Kilo Poster

Hi Guys,

Please can you tell me how to create such the following plan?

[​IMG]

I know that I should use the (Plesk Domain), but which services should I include in it according to the table above there?

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. IsmaeelA

IsmaeelA Kilo Poster

Hello Guys,

Any help please?

Thanks.

3. IsmaeelA

IsmaeelA Kilo Poster

Hi Guys,

I'm really need your help here.

Thanks.

4. IsmaeelA

IsmaeelA Kilo Poster

5. KonstantinosS

KonstantinosS Mega Poster

Hi! I'm not so sure how you can do that. Why don't you ask Parallels's tech support or your account manager? I'm sure they will be able to provide more information.

6. IsmaeelA

IsmaeelA Kilo Poster

Well, they have told me that we can't provide (Sharing Files, and Archiving messages) by Plesk neither PBAS.

Thanks.

7. KonstantinosS

That would be the most understandable thing, because neither of those features are included in their feature list. PBAS & Plesk are mostly used for plain-old web-hosting and web-apps, for more exotic solutions, I'd probably look at sharepoint and exchange alternatives. Your best bet for emails, and one that may end up (hopefully) in Plesk (and in effect, in PBAS) is SOGo. It's a complete MS Exchange alternative, with most, if not all, the bells and whistles of Exchange. For Sharepoint alternatives, you could utilize an OpenSource solution like Alfresco, or a membership solution using WordPress through plug-ins. Let me know via PM if you want more help with the last part, as I'm in the middle of doing it for my clients as well.

8. IsmaeelA

IsmaeelA Kilo Poster

Are SOGo and Alfresco supported by Plesk or the Parallels Solution (PBAS)?
    In case we want to integrate them with the PBAS, is it possible?

I'll check with my boss to know if it's worthy to install a third party software to provide such services.

Thanks.

9. KonstantinosS

No, as far as I know SOGo is not compatible with Plesk at the moment, but there may be a documentation or help from the team behind SOGo to create a view on Plesk's database and you could get data from there. Given the fact that SOGo compatibility has been requested in UserVoice, it may be implemented in the future, as it's the only 100% free MS Exchange alternative I know of. You may help by adding votes for SOGo over here.

Regarding Alfresco, I'm not so sure, as I've not tried it or searched about it at all in Plesk's section. I was more interested in a one-to-many solution, where the company would be the uploader to the clients regarding their app & feature requests, where they would post comments mostly, so with the upgrade to Plesk 12 we've decided to go with WP mainly due to the WP ToolKit.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  10. IsmaeelA

IsmaeelA Kilo Poster

OK thanks for the help.
    We'll see what we can do regarding this.

Thanks.

11. KonstantinosS

You're most welcome :)