domain Transfer

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by Ash haque, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Ash haque

Ash haque Bit Poster

Hi,

1) We have set domain transfer fee and "Transfer includes domain renewal period" to "Not include". But In the invoice we get "Duration" 2 years. How to set this duration to 0?
    In dm_tldconf table, tr_ren_period values are as we set but in order_dns table period value is something else. How this order_dns table get updated?

2) We are using new store. The url to domain search/pre-selection from external web site has no option to provide renewal period while transferring domain. Is there any way to provide this?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ash

2. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

1) Possibly you have set only 2 years period for domain registration for that plugin/tld in HP/Plugin properties.

2) There is no such option.

3. Ash haque

Ash haque Bit Poster

Hi dkolvakh,

Thanks for your reply.

In Top >Service Director >Domain Manager >Plug-ins >Melbourne-IT >TLDs > we checked 1 year, 2 years and 10 years for .name TLD and put the price for both "Registration Cost" and "Renewal Cost". Here we also checked 'Allow domain transfers' and set the price for transfer and set "Transfer includes domain renewal period" to "Not included".

In Top >Billing Director >Product Manager >Hosting Plans >, for TLD settings we checked all 1 year, 2 year(s) and 10 year(s) and prices. Here in "Transfer and protection" we also checked "Transfer fee" and set the price.

Our objective is to offer domain transfer without any renewal. With this settings we get "period" 1 year in invoice/shopping cart. Is there any other settings that we need to change?

4. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

I'm unable to reproduce this behavior, please see screens below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But, it is still possible to select another period in store, possibly this is your case?
    [​IMG]

If not - please ask assistance in Odin support.

5. Ash haque

Ash haque Bit Poster

Hi dkolvakh,

Thanks a lot for your time and sorry for late reply.

It might be my fault that I couldn't clearly make understand the problem. My problem is with domain transfer not with registration.

We want to offer domain transfer from one registrar to another without any renewal... means only the registrar will be changed. To achieve this, I did the same settings as you did except the "Transfer includes domain renewal period" settings in Top >Service Director >Domain Manager >Plug-ins >Melbourne-IT >TLDs. I set it "Not included" whereas you set 1 year.

with this "Not included" setting I was expecting no renewal while customer do a domain transfer. But in the shopping cart as well as in the documents it is still showing 1 year period. How can I get rid of this 1 year period?

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers,
    Ash

6. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

Please create request in Odin Support.