Domain import

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by Maliuta, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Maliuta

Maliuta Guest

I need to import a number of pre-registered domains that are already delegated to my name servers. I have zone files for these domains and simply need to import them into HSP, associate them with clients and (if possible) a hosting plan.

Is there a way to script this? (i.e. add some functionality to the Domain Manager that would take a zone file, or a file with a host listing, a customer and a hosting plan - for domain only hosting - and inject it into the HSP database?)

I am happy to write the functionality myself in Perl/php/whatever if I can get the information on what I need to do it.

We have a large number of domains that are delegated to us and have been configured in vhosts files for plesk hosts, or that point servers that we co-locate; we would like to put control of the DNS into HSP so that clients can maintain their own DNS. Doing this via the current interface is tedious (creating a new domain and then adding all the hosts one at a time) and for larger domains rather time consuming.