DNS TTL set incorrectly to Min TTL for all records

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by SteveITS, Apr 11, 2015.

  1. SteveITS

    SteveITS Tera Poster

    Messages:
    277
    I just noticed that in our first zone, every record has a TTL of 900. All three nameservers in our system are handing out the same incorrect TTLs (easily visible via AXFR, and expected since two are slaves). Operations > Customers > Customer > Domains > domain shows every record in this zone has a TTL of 42300. The DNS resource's Activation Parameters and zone's SOA are set as follows:

    Refresh 43200
    Retry 600
    Expire 2419200
    Min TTL 900
    Default TTL 43200 (for the resource; not editable for the zone)

    PPA seems to be silently using the Min TTL to override the zone records that it shows with the desired TTL on screen. Changing the Min TTL in the SOA for a zone changes the TTL of all records.

    This zone has both template-generated and manual records.
     
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. SteveITS

    SteveITS Tera Poster

    Messages:
    277
    I found that if I open an A record and save it, changing nothing, the indicated TTL is correctly set for that one record (i.e. raised from 900 to the 43200 showing on that A record). Given the other issues with applying DNS templates I found, I suspect that feature is what sets the TTL to the incorrect value.
     
  3. SteveITS

    SteveITS Tera Poster

    Messages:
    277
    For the record, Odin confirmed this was a bug in June. "We confirm this is a software issue. Internal request ID is PPA-2502. It will be fixed in future versions."
     
  4. SteveITS

    SteveITS Tera Poster

    Messages:
    277
    Marking a template-generated DNS record inactive and making it active again still does not use the TTL listed on the DNS Records page. So I guess to override that one must either change the Default TTL setting, or mark all records inactive and replace them one by one.
     

Share This Page