Difficulties configuring HSPComplete to Control Virtuozzo box

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by defl8ed, Dec 14, 2006.

1. defl8ed

defl8ed Bit Poster

Have HSPComplete installed on one machine and am attempting to get it set up to control a copy of Virtuozzo installed on a different machine. Get through the setup ok, but when I attempt to create a new VE from hsp box I receive an error stating "There are no OS templates available for VE creation." I know that I have a default template set up on the Virtuozzo box, but when I look under the OS Templates tab within HSPComplete, there are no templates displayed there. When I try the "Register OS Templates from Node" option, no templates are registered, even though according to the Action Log, the update was a "Success". How do I get HSP to see the default template that I have set up on my Virtuozzo box?

2. blinov

blinov Guest

Hello,

Could you please check that you have any templates on hardware node except *-minimal

To check which templates you have installed please log in to your virtuozzo box as root and issue following commands:

# vzpkg list
    # vzpkgls

*-minimal templates are designed for service VPS only and cannot be used in HSPcomplete, that might be a reason.
    If this is the case you can install the OS template into HSPcomplete and it will be automatically provisioned to all you Virtuozzo nodes.

Regards,
    Alex.

3. defl8ed

defl8ed Bit Poster

Hello,

When I run the vzpkgls command, the only result is redhat-as3-minimal-x86_64 20050622. So apparently I do only have the minimal package installed. What do I do to install OS templates into HSPComplete? Under the OS Templates option in the Vituozzo manager, it seems I can point HSP at an RPM file to set up a Template, where are those RPMs stored? Do I download them from sw-soft? Are they already on the machine? If so, in which directory?

4. Cranky

Cranky Guru

You download these from SWsoft's FTP server - your sales rep will give you login details, or you can get the username/password from /etc/sysconfig/vzup2date/vzup2date.conf and login to ftp://downloads.swsoft.com.

You can either:

- install the RPM on HSPc management node via Virtuozzo Manager > OS Templates, and use HSPc to automatically install this on the nodes you require this template to be installed on.

- Or, you can install it directly, and synchronise it in HSPc via VZ Manager > Nodes > Node X > OS Templates > Import from node.

I'd suggest the first option, it's easier when you have more than 1 node.

The same process applies to Applications (application templates), using Vz Manager > Applications instead.