Databasse resource on primary Branded domain

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Photocon, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Photocon

Photocon Kilo Poster

Hello-

I added a mail resource and a database resource to the "branding" service template, and made sure the provisioning attributes match up to an actual node. I also made sure that under the resources for the branding template the "Branding Hosting (management node)" -> "Number of MySQL databases" is "1" and the "MySQL Database" is unlimited.

Ive made a primary branded domain assigned to the administrator account. When I then login to the account, I see that the mail resource is added and I can add email accounts. However, the database resource does not seem to be activated. Indeed, if I try to add a application in the domain that requires a database, it fails because there is not a database resource available.

The database server is a separate node from the management server.

I do not see any running tasks waiting, and the events log doesnt mention anything about provisioning a database.

What am I missing?

Separately but tangentially related, once the account is up, I dont see it listed as an active subscription under the service template. I should ses it there, right?

2. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

Hi, Photocon,

Thank you for feedback. We'll re-check the issue and come back w/ solutions. It seems PPA didn't run DB resources provisioning for a brand subscription. Anyway, if we confirm the bug, it it will be fixed in upcoming update #07 at once.

3. Photocon

Photocon Kilo Poster

If it is indeed a bug and fixed in the next update, will I need to re-create the branded account, or will a "apply template limits and parameters" fix this issue? It seems that the administrator branded account is not listed as using a service template. Thanks.

4. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

We need to investigate the problem first, then, will tell you how to apply the fix. Perhaps, "apply template limits and parameters" is enough to trigger update subscription. Brand vhosts are listed and shown in PCP -> System -> Brands.

Thanks!

5. Photocon

Photocon Kilo Poster

Just as an update, this does not work.

Shouldnt it also be listed in Products -> Service Templates -> Branding -> "Number of active subscriptions"?

6. Photocon

Photocon Kilo Poster

Hello- I see this item is fixed in the latest micro-update #7.

Ive upgraded to #7 and restarted the PPA service. However, I still do not see the ability to add a database on the branded domain. Ive confirmed the DB is in the service template. There is no way to ensure that the service template is used as it does not see any subscriptions to that service plan, even though I do have a branded domain.

So how can I add the database to a already-setup branded domain?

Thanks.

7. EXRACE

EXRACE Kilo Poster

Do you have any failed tasks that are holding up other tasks?

8. Photocon

Photocon Kilo Poster

The only failed task is a domain install on a service node, not related to this branded domain on the management node. That is another ticket open with parallels.

To be clear, this issue persisted before that failed task, and was updated in the update to #7.

9. Photocon

Photocon Kilo Poster

Exrace- can you tell me if you have a branded domain that is your service domain, and if so, is it tied to the 'branding' service template? Ive always thought it weird that this subscription is not listed in the 'branding' service templates, but if I made changes to the template they would show in the branded domain.

10. EXRACE

EXRACE Kilo Poster

No...if I understand you correctly. I have a brand at the PPA owner/provider lever (not reseller)
    I only see a branding template for resellers.
    Quote from manual:

11. Photocon

Photocon Kilo Poster

I see - weird. Either way, when I make an adjustment to the brading template, it should adjust the owners' branded domain. But this darned mysql is not showing up, even with MU#7 which supposedly fixed this issue.

12. EXRACE

EXRACE Kilo Poster

Maybe it requires a recreation of the brand? Worth a shot. :)

13. Photocon

Photocon Kilo Poster

Yea, Im really hoping not to do that, as then I have to recreate a lot of stuff already setup, including ssl, mail accounts, etc.

14. ClaudioW

ClaudioW Kilo Poster

I'm facing something simmilar. Can we do a small check...

I think that the Branding service template is used only for resellers. It doesn't get used by the Owner Brand.
    If you log in as customer to the brand, what service template does it shows you (In my case says license:key:1)?
    If you go to your service templates. Does it show you 1 subscription on branding (In my case i have 0, and my branding is working)?

15. ClaudioW

ClaudioW Kilo Poster

I think i just found something else.
    On PPA/Brands click on the Branding subscription (in my case is named License key)
    This will show you the resources assigned to the Brand.

I still haven't find how to modified this resources..