Database Server - MS SQL and External Node Roles (phpmyadmin, my little tools, etc)

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Amin Taheri, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Product Expert

Hello,

I do not see a Node role for MS SQL Server (2205, 2008 R2, etc) in the Add New Node. How are we supposed to move over Plesk for Windows nodes that currently have SQL Server subscriptions, and then allow new cusotmers to purchase SQL Server and manage it?

Is there also an option then to have service nodes for
    - phpMyAdmin
    - MyLittleAdmin
    - MyLittleBackup

We would like for all customers to hit a centralized (and in our case clustered via BigIP) phpmyadmin interface that is always up to date (unlike most parallels Plesk installs that can be a year or more behind).

2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi, Amin,
    We don't have MSSQL installer, but if you install it somewhere and register on the DB servers page, functionally that will be equivalent to a node installed through us.
    phpMyAdmin runs on the Management Node and serves all customers.

I have to investigate the question with myLittleTools

Regards

3. PauloMolina

PauloMolina Kilo Poster

Hello,

I have the same question. Since I don't need to install Plesk Panel for WIndows on the IIS Node, and Plesk Panel for Linux on Apache Node, how could I register MSSQL on the DB server page?

Or are you talking about Parallels Plesk Automation Database Servers page?
    On PPA there's only MySQL and PostgreSQL.

I would like to now exactly how could I use MSSQL node on PPA, since this page http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk-automation/ tell me I can work with MSSQL: "...support the most customer use cases across multiple technologies like PHP, .NET, MySQL, or MSSQL."

4. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

I am talking about PPA admin panel.
    1. Go to Infrastructure > Database Servers > Add Database Server. Register your MSSQL server here.
    2. Got to Products > Resource Types. Open "Microsoft SQL database" resource type. In Activation Parameters enter IP address and port. Remove Provisioning Attribute.
    3. Add this resource type to the Service Template(s), in which you want this DB to be present.

Note that we realize that this procedure isn't very intuitive :) We'll prioritize the MSSQL server role in our development plans.

5. PauloMolina

PauloMolina Kilo Poster

It may not be very intuitive at first, but with your explanation it's pretty clear now.

Thank you Andrew.