CloudFlare setup

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by RaimieL, Oct 28, 2014.

1. RaimieL

RaimieL Bit Poster

I am having issues setting up CloudFlare on out PPA system. I have is setup under Hosted Applications. I have setup a Resource for CloudClare and added it to the service templates. When i go into a clients Control Panel to install the app, I get a couple different errors. When i try to use a previously setup administrator for the subscription, which is listed under "Grant administrative access to existing user," I get the following error:

"Error: Installation of CloudFlare For PA failed. invalid values passed for settings of application resource; details for setting with id 'admin_username': The "CloudFlare username" setting value 'xxxxx' is already in use. Please provide unique value."

Is this because I am logged in as the user?

When I create a login under "Use administrative credentials not connected to any particular user," I get the following error:

"Error: Installation of CloudFlare For PA failed. Invalid structured output returned by script: Failed to parse structured output. Structured output: '<output xmlns="http://apstandard.com/ns/1/configure-output"><settings><setting id="subdomains_inc_list"><value>dxxxxxx.net::www</value></setting></settings></output>WARNING: A connectivity error occurred while contacting the service. WARNING: A connectivity error occurred while contacting the service. WARNING: A connectivity error occurred while contacting the service. WARNING: A connectivity error occurred while contacting the service.'. "

I do get an email from CoudFlare with the setup instructions for the new account.
    Under the PPA control panel, I am using the IP address for the Management Node in the "POA API IP" field. Is this correct, or should I have entered localhost?

I am running 11.5 Update 8, and CloudFlare For PA (3.0.2-18)

Also some setup instructions would be nice from either party. Setup instructions for Plesk or POA does not quite cover everything for a PPA installation.

Thanks,
    Raimie

2. hosting2

hosting2 Kilo Poster

For what it's worth, my cloudflare setup doesn't work for different reasons. I've been watching this thread for about a week seeing if anyone would chime in with setup instructions that work for ppa. I submitted a support ticket to parallels but abandoned it due to lack of interest on my part. I think I'll soon be dumping the ppa experiment and going back to 100% cpanel.

3. RaimieL

RaimieL Bit Poster

Even cloudflare has not been much help :(

4. Arnau Marcé

Arnau Marcé Bit Poster

Hi RaimieL,

Yesterday I was setting UP a PPA platform for one of our customers and I found the same problem. The problem is on the Cloudflare side, the code from the lib.php file is wrong (It checks for an "A" type for the WWW on the DNS's and uses non SSL protocol to talk with the PA/PPA API which is not supported).

Attached here you (And everyone that wants to use cloudflare on PPA) can find the revised version. I will notify to cloudflare team the bug to check if they can add the solution into future releases of the APS package.

Best regards,

Attached Files: