CGI script on domain aliase yields Forbidden

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by GregHL, Aug 6, 2013.

1. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

Just migrated an Actinic E-Commerce (SellerDeck) website back into the PPA cluster - the site was previously working well on HSphere and subsequently on a VPS running bare CentOS 6 and WebMin - although mail/DNS was still through HSphere.

The site used multiple aliases and has mod_rewrites so that aliases appear to be entire sites within the main folder (a remnant of a long past era where our CP didn't handle subscriptions + different domains well- we're talking back in the RAQ2+3 days - yes, this customer has been with us that long).

Their sellerdeck setup is such that the static pages are on a domain alias - ie,

domain.cctld #1

Their cgi-scripts for the cart are on the main domain domain.cctld #2

adding an item to their cart yields:

The error logs show the error log above:

I have tried:

[root@lon002 conf]# cat vhost.conf
    Options +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    [root@lon002 conf]# cat vhost_ssl.conf
    [root@lon002 conf]#

the following versions were tried:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    Options FollowSymLinks
    Options FollowSymLinks SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

Yes, I ran httpdmng to reconfigure the domain - and the vhost.conf and vhost_ssl.conf files are included in last_httpd.include and last_httpd_ip_default.include

The apachectl was gracefully restarted and also regularly restarted - same problem.

CGI operation was verified (hello world perl cgi) - permissions verified.

Any ideas how to make the CGI scripts work in this setup??

Ticket is [Parallels #1696761]

2. IgorG

IgorG Guru

As far as I see this ticket is resolved now. Could you please confirm that problem is not actual now?

3. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

This is fixed - no-one ever told me how they fixed it - I got the shopping cart working after they did "something" - and that "something" had to do with making followsymlinks work - which is what I tried to do with no avail.

Support need to provide detailed instructions on how they fixed whatever they fixed. Also - the customer service rep (3rd or 4th one to look at the ticket) - were insistent that the script was "WRONG" and needed to be altered - this is a CGI script that is generated in software, and changes we made would be overwritten by the customer next time they updated their site, so changing the script is useless - what was required was to get the environment correct and the placement of the script in the correct location for the site to work, and for followsymlinks to be working. Parallels job was to get the followsymlinks working correctly - and they did, but didn't share how - and I did the rest... no changes to the script were necessary at all - even though support was fixated on changing the script.

It is important the support share their fix - we need to be as self-sufficent as possible - it isn't acceptable to fix stuff and not tell us how when it's something we might need to do again.