Centralised email unavailability in HSPComplete

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feature Requests' started by Dancy@, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Dancy@

Dancy@ Kilo Poster

Greetings,

We`ve just realised (received an answer from support) that it`s impossible to make centralised email with HSPcomplete. its not integrated with Expand and there is no way to make/use a centralised mail server for Plesk shared hosting (Windows and Linux).
    Frankly speaking, that was a great surprise for me and that`s why i`m wondering if there`re some plans to include "centralized email" option either by integrating Plesk Expand or other way ?

2. rainer_d

rainer_d Kilo Poster

I think you need PEM for that.
    If I understood the sales-guy correctly, PEM can do next to anything.
    But it will also cost you a lot of money and is thus useless for most business-cases that don't have a six-figure budget.
    Does anybody know of a simple EAI-platform - because HSPC and PEM are basically very specialized EAI-platforms, IMO.

3. Dancy@

Dancy@ Kilo Poster

Greetings,

What do you meen under " EAI-platforms" ?

4. rainer_d

rainer_d Kilo Poster

EAI = Enterprise Application Integration
    I should have better said "SOA", because EAI is more application-oriented and SOA is more service-oriented (I'm an expert in neither - see wikipedia for more explanations).
    But what I said is still true: we need a simple integration-platform. Because HSPC ain't and PEM is too expensive for most shops.

5. rainer_d

rainer_d Kilo Poster

6. 64bithost.com

64bithost.com Tera Poster

HSPC/PBA and PEM

Hi guys,

I use PEM with my HSPC install and it is not that expensive. it is only about $600 to $700 per install (server) license. PEM is really great and allows me the flexibility of going places on the weekend and does not tie me down to my centralized computer. I can use it on a laptop because PEM is server based.

You really should try it.

Regards

Chris
    -64bithost.com

7. markytx

markytx Kilo Poster

I had to buy Expand, then a CMAIL license for each server that will use the centralized mail. At least the plesk license for the actual email server was free. It works, but it's a lot of money for something that should be handled by HSPC/PBAS.

8. yurtesen

yurtesen Kilo Poster