Can't create a hosting plan with Physical hosting type either than "Physical hosting"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AlexsanderR, Jun 15, 2014.

1. AlexsanderR

AlexsanderR Kilo Poster

Hi,

I can't create a hosting plan with Physical hosting type either than "Physical hosting" on PBAS 4.5.2-21

I'm attempting to create a hosting plan only for email account (for reselling) with external DNS and getting the following error:

Error message:
    Could not change "Physical Hosting Type" from "Physical hosting" to "Do not set" on "Plesk Platform Setup" tab.

The hosting plan hardware node group is assigned to a Plesk Panel 12.

If Physical hosting is used instead, the plan is created and if the hosting type is set as inactive on subscription panel, it works fine.

Please, is it a bug or do I need to change something on plan configuration in order this to work?

2. AlexsanderR

AlexsanderR Kilo Poster

Hi guys!

Any idea on this one?
    Please, let me know if I'm not clear enough.

The idea is not to provide web hosting, only e-mail hosting, hence having the web hosting function disabled!

3. AlexsanderR

AlexsanderR Kilo Poster

Here is the issue root cause:
    I was attempting to change a cloned plan which was originally set as physical hosting type = "physical host".

You can't change the physical hosting type parameter from "physical host" to other types after you have created the plan. The plan should be created with physical hosting type set as "not set" or "forward" from the beginning.
    On the other hand, you can "upgrade" a plan hosting type from "not set" or "forward" to "physical host".

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  4. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

AlexsanderR, you are completely right. Sorry for delay in answer.