can a Reseller create its own package?

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by flupke, Jun 6, 2008.

1. flupke

flupke Mega Poster

I consider buying HSPc and I wonder if a reseller R1 of main company C1 can create its own packages or is R1 bound the the packages as defined by C1?

2. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Reseller can create own packages if he has appropriate resources. E.g. if the reseller has Plesk node, he will be able to sell own Plesk Client/Domain packages otherwise will be able to resell provider's packages only.

3. flupke

flupke Mega Poster

cool, another 2 issues:

1- how many level of reseller does HSPc support? Can a reseller have resellers?

2-what is the new product name, I can't find HSPC on the website anymore?

Regards,

Flupke

4. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

1. It supports 1 level of reseller. I.e. a reseller can't have resellers.
    2. New product name is Parallel Business Automation - Standard.

P.S. Parallel Business Automation - Enterprise version supports multi-level of resellers.

5. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Ups.. there is a misprint in the product name :-[. Correct names are Parallels Business Automation - Standard and Parallels Business Automation - Enterprise.

6. yurtesen

yurtesen Kilo Poster

You might also want to consider H-Sphere (which is a parallels product also). Within H-Sphere resellers can create their own packages or you can allow them to use your packages as templates. H-sphere fully supports, SiteStudio, VPS, dedicated servers, antivirus, antispam etc.
    Parallels Site:
    http://www.parallels.com/en/hsphere/
    Features:
    http://www.psoft.net/promo/
    Pricing(notice that all the features are included in the licenses and no seperate feature licenses are required):
    http://www.psoft.net/price_list.html

However in H-Sphere resellers cant have their own resellers (nested resellers are not possible).

Thanks,
    Evren

7. flupke

flupke Mega Poster

@vbatraev:can 2 resellers resell a package that will be finally hosted on the same VPS? Reason: Hspc is not multi-currency, the idea is to have reseller EUR, USD,CAD... selling the same packages in different currencies. Would each reseller need its own VPS/Plesk environnement or can they share the same VPS/Plesk resources of a TOP company

@Yurtesen: Thks for the tip, but what do I do with all my plesk & SB licences, is H-Spehre compatible with Plesk & SB?

8. yurtesen

yurtesen Kilo Poster

Flupke, unfortunately not at the moment, hopefully Parallels would devise a solution in future to such problems. What you can do is perhaps to install Plesk inside the VPS using a VPS template or sell your licenses to somebody else if possible. However I have seen from some people that HSPcomplete licenses cost so much that even if you scrap your Plesk licenses you would be saving money. I think about 500 licenses cost about 2400euro then they require you to buy installation support which is about 1500euro, then they also require you to get SUS which is about 800euro. Then of course if you use VPS or SiteBuilder or Plesk you have to buy additional licenses which you have for SB and Plesk as you say but VPS will still require more licenses. I recommend you to get a quote from Parallels first :)

In H-Sphere 2 resellers can resell a package which will be hosted in the same VPS, however a reseller can use only 1 currency but each reseller can define their own currencies. For example you can sell in $ but your reseller can sell in Euro. However a single reseller or you can not sell in Euro and $ at the same time.

VPS End User Guide:
    http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/user/vps.html

Thanks,
    Evren

9. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

The resellers don't need own Plesk/Virtuozzo nodes in this case. They can resell copy of provider's hosting plans. In this case Containers (VPSes), Plesk Domains/Clients will be provisioned on provider's nodes.
    So you just should:
    1. create hosting plans under provider;
    2. create resellers and configure different currencies for them;
    3. delegate provider's plans to resellers and reconfigure prices.
    That is all.