Brand creation fails if IPv6 is selected

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by SteveITS, Mar 26, 2015.

1. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

On a new install, if I create IPv4 and IPv6 pools (one of each enabled for branding), and create a brand using "IP address"="Shared IPv4 and dedicated IPv6", it fails without an onscreen error. A webspace is created but marked "No hosting" in PPA and Failed in Hosting Panel. A DNS zone is created. At that point I can't delete the webspace from Hosting Panel and there doesn't seem to be a way to delete it from PPA, however, I can delete the DNS zone.

This is in poa.log, not sure if it's relevant:
    Mar 26 09:19:20 ppa: ERR [UI:ecc45799:1427379560608 1:18157:b25ffb70 lib]: [Facade::pleskResponse::parse] Plesk error 1013
    Mar 26 09:19:22 ppa: ERR [openapi-firewall:b09ffb70 1:18032:b09ffb70 lib]: [iqxmlrpc-server] Server: Server error. Method 'system.methodSignature' not found.

Also after the DNS zone is created, the below is logged in poa.log...it doesn't seem relevant to the branding error but does seem to be a problem...

Mar 26 09:28:27 ppa: ERR [task:181:1932 1:18142:b33ffb70 lib]: [task:181 InteractiveHostOps::perform] ExSystem: module_id:'Common', ex_type_id:'1',Message:'Destination host 'ppa.example.net' (#1), IP '99.99.99.99' : Internal error: /usr/sbin/rndc /usr/sbin/rndc reconfig failed with code 1 saying: STDOUT: '' STDERR 'WARNING: key file (/etc/rndc.key) exists, but using default configuration file (/etc/rndc.conf)
    rndc: connection to remote host closed
    This may indicate that
    * the remote server is using an older version of the command protocol,
    * this host is not authorized to connect,
    * the clocks are not synchronized, or
    * the key is invalid.
    '.', deprecated_codes = (0, 0), properties = { reason: '/usr/sbin/rndc /usr/sbin/rndc reconfig failed with code 1 saying: STDOUT: '' STDERR 'WARNING: key file (/etc/rndc.key) exists, but using default configuration file (/etc/rndc.conf)
    rndc: connection to remote host closed
    This may indicate that
    * the remote server is using an older version of the command protocol,
    * this host is not authorized to connect,
    * the clocks are not synchronized, or
    * the key is invalid.
    '', }

2. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Having tested pinging among the hardware nodes, it didn't occur to me to test IPv6 connectivity to the containers where PVA was installed, but apparently that isn't working (http://forum.odin.com/posts/777551/) so I am guessing/hoping that is the cause of the PVA failures?

3. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Found the Tasks log, which says, "Unable to find IP addresses for the webspace. The suitable service nodes (with IDs: 1) do not have the required shared IPv4 and dedicated IPv6 addresses. You need to make sure that (1) there is an IP pool assigned to any of these nodes, which has vacant shared IPv4 and dedicated IPv6 addresses, (2) the pool is intended for use by 'Branding configuration', and (3) this pool is available to the account with ID 1."

So...it appears that the Branding doesn't use the PPA management node's existing IP addresses, and wants an IP Pool set up and the pool has to be assigned to the management node. I'd set up pools after seeing that warning, but didn't realize they needed to be manually attached to the management node since I'm new at PPA and the wizard didn't ask that.

4. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

The DNS error (rndc) went away after I restarted BIND via "/etc/init.d/named restart". However doing so, I got this output:

Stopping named: . [ OK ]
    Starting named: ls: cannot access /var/named/run-root/etc/named: No such file or directory
    mount: mount point /var/named/run-root/etc/named does not exist
    ls: cannot access /var/named/run-root/var/named: No such file or directory
    mount: mount point /var/named/run-root/var/named does not exist
    ls: cannot access /var/named/run-root/usr/lib64/bind: No such file or directory
    mount: mount point /var/named/run-root/usr/lib64/bind does not exist
    [ OK ]

5. Cristtiah

Cristtiah Kilo Poster

ahi did you found a way to fix this issue? Got the same problem :=( need help thanks

6. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Which issue? For the branding you have to assign an IPv6 pool to the management node.

If you're referring to the BIND errors in my fourth post, I seem to recall restarting the server fixes that. It is due to unlinked files not actually being deleted right away or something along those lines, if memory serves.

7. Cristtiah

Cristtiah Kilo Poster

I restarted my server problem still exists

Stopping named: . [ OK ]
    Starting named: ls: cannot access /var/named/run-root/etc/named: No such file or directory
    mount: mount point /var/named/run-root/etc/named does not exist
    ls: cannot access /var/named/run-root/var/named: No such file or directory
    mount: mount point /var/named/run-root/var/named does not exist
    ls: cannot access /var/named/run-root/usr/lib64/bind: No such file or directory
    mount: mount point /var/named/run-root/usr/lib64/bind does not exist
    [ OK ]