Block outgoing email for one email address

Discussion in 'PSA 5.0 'How Do I' Questions' started by Rich2k, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Rich2k

Rich2k Guest

I have an interesting question.

I have a physical email account on the server (mailbox) and I need it still to be used as either IMAP4 or POP3, however it must not be able to send outgoing email.

Is there anyway I can configure this in qmail or psa?

2. hardweb

hardweb Guru

You can do this only for a domain. Delete the domain from /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts.

3. Rich2k

Rich2k Guest

Ok that's great I don't use that domain for anything other than this.

Additional question, will this get recreated when you make changes to any other domain with PSA, when you edit that domain or does it leave it completely alone?

4. hardweb

hardweb Guru

This is not affected by Plesk interface operations.

5. sflc2000

sflc2000 Kilo Poster

How to block someone from using a domain.com to send mail?

Is there any way to block someone from using your domain name in their email address to send an email message?

In other words is there any verification process that checks if it's a valid email account before sending?

For example:
    domainOne.com is on my server

On my computer I use Me@domainOne.com as my main email address, this account exists in the mail config on Plesk, and redirects to my real email address at my ISP.

Now say someone (a spammer) decides to use BlahBlah@domainOne.com to send out email from their computer...

... is there any way to block email from that computer to be sent out to the 'net ???

Not from the domain's server but from their computer using BlahBlah@domainOne.com as the From: address in their messsage?

Thanks

6. jimroe

jimroe Guru

You can't stop someone using their computer from forging an email header that uses your domain name in the email address - unfortunately.

7. Rich2k

Rich2k Guest

I know that, the reason I mention it is I have a commercial webmail program and it's a demo account but I don't want people to be able to send email from my domain and thus actually have accurate headers on the emails.