Beginner questions - VMware or Citrix server virtualization

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by blackcats, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackcats

blackcats Bit Poster

Hello,

I am a systems administrator (Windows, Linux) and databases (MySQL, pgSQL, MSSQL). I am interested in getting the certifications of VMware or Citrix server virtualization - in begining 2017 year.

So far, I have not had to deal with Citrix Xen or VMware ESX. Once I heard that to get VCP (VMware) to take part in the course but I was too young to pay for the course.

I would like to learn the implementation and administration of VMware or Citrix and pass exams in this field - without participating in training.

For the purposes of science I'm planning to create their own test environment, which will be composed: 3 x HP DL360 G6 QC e5504 VT 16GB RAM DDR3 2x 73GB SAS - please any suggestions.

I request information:
    1. What is the certification path for VMware server virtualization environment
    1.1. How much does one exam?
    1.2. Is the exam is practical or theoretical (question with select anserwer) ?
    1.3. How long is the exam?
    1.4. From what book I can prepare for the exam?

2. What is the certification path for Citrix server virtualization environment
    2.2. How much does one exam?
    2.2. Is the exam is practical or theoretical question with select anserwer)?
    2.3. How long is the exam?
    2.4. From what book I can prepare for the exam?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.