Backups on apache node

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Alex.V, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Alex.V

Alex.V Kilo Poster

I have set up a backup node in PPA, and set it to be ready to provide, however backup tasks are saving the backups to the apache web server nodes?

How do I find the cause of this?

2. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

How did you achieve this? :)

3. Alex.V

Alex.V Kilo Poster

I added the backup node through the normal way of adding a node, putting in the IP and login. The node was added successfully.

Then I went into the sites and set the scheduled backup for daily backups.

Now when I log into one of the apache nodes for one of the larger sites I have, which is 25GB, i can see the disk is full. When i looked for the files taking up the disk I can see that the /var/psa/dump folder is full of backup files.

4. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

While backup creation was running, disk space became full, right?

5. Alex.V

Alex.V Kilo Poster

No, the disk does not completely fill up, it just stores all the backups on the local server instead of the backup node, so after 3 backups the disk is full

6. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

Which MU is installed? I've fixed similar stuff in MU#10 or 11, afaik.

7. Alex.V

Alex.V Kilo Poster

I did another test, I had MU11 installed when the problem was occurring, I've updated to MU12 and it seems like its resolved it.

Thanks

8. ClioSpA

ClioSpA Bit Poster

Hi,
    I have the same problem, the schedule backup fills up the apache node, the the backup file path is /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/<domain>/backup_<domain>_user-data_1603020014.tgz,
    but I don't set this backup from PPA hosting panel, I set backup from PPA hosting panel only for domain configuration without content.

I have PPA 11.5 MU#22, all nodes have Centos 6.5

------------
    LucaP - Sysadmin - 03.03.2016