Any news?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 64bithost.com, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 64bithost.com

64bithost.com Tera Poster

Does anyone have any news on the soon to be released version of PBA 4.0 and the release date? I would like to know some information on it so that I can prepare my infrastructure for the migration from PBA 3.3.0 to PBA 4.0.

- Chris
    64bithost.com

2. MagicFingers

MagicFingers Bit Poster

Bump.

It's been almost a year since this post, and even a sub version update.

Are there any updates coming?

Could a Parallels representative please let us know if HSPC / PABS development has been Ceased?

Can we upgrade from PABS to PAB-E ?

-Sean

3. MagicFingers

MagicFingers Bit Poster

Hi It has been over a year.

Will there be any updates any time soon?

-Sean.

4. ronan675

ronan675 Kilo Poster

Update

I am also very interested in the roadmap for PBAS. I am not very impressed with parallels lately. We are using expand and PBAS which have not been updated in over a year. We spent a lot of money on these products and there seems to be very few feature updates.

5. olsh

olsh Odin Team

We are working on updating PBAS roadmap at the moment and it should be ready by the Hosting Summit 2010 which will happen later this month in Miami.

I will be visiting Summit myself and it would be a pleasure for me to share our vision on PBAS, features we will add and further development directions.

There are multiple improvements such as online store simplification, consolidated invoicing, SSL certificates provisioning and more - we are trying to put them into proper sequence and split between releases.

Thanks,
    Oleg Shaikhatarov

6. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello Sean.

Currently we working on PBAS 3.3-HF8 release. ETA of HF8 is end of February\beginning of March.

7. Aurélio Duarte

Aurélio Duarte Bit Poster

I cant agree more with PhilP, I have the same exactly situation.

Before we buy this solution, the commercial talked with me every day, then, we had demo of the HSPc, and this was very interesting because they only showed the backoffice.

The problems have started after we buy it, the commercial stopped to talk to us, and I felt any kind of guidance, this was the first disappointment, the store was another one, how its possible to buy just one hosting product (PEM is the same thing)?? unfortunately we find this on the hard way, I have requested to our developers to make a customized store, with some difficulties but they made it, the difficulties were found on the SDK documentation. They finished the store integration and after this we made one order with a hosting pack, than we added another hosting, and BANG, the previous product was DELETED.
    We still have Modernbill and it's so much better in this aspect, the customer can purchase shared hosting, dedicated servers, certificates on one order, for me a shopping cart is this!
    Talking about certificates, it's not possible to provision/sell this services automatically, on Modernbill we can, Parallels have this page http://www.parallels.com/eu/products/automation/business/standard/templates/security/ for along time and nothing until today, "Coming soon" they have, but what is soon for Parallels, 3,4,5,10 years??

The payment options is another problem, I cant understand why we just have the off-line and on-line, way we can add for example Check, Wire, why we have to put it altogether on the off-line field, it's so confusing.

About the updates, the last one was on 14-Feb-2008, almost 2 years and we don't have nothing yet, they are forgetting the issue with IPV6 support, we don't have nothing about this.

Now for all the users of HSPc: We can create a topic on this forum to request some answers from Parallels, or make a online petition, we need to have feedback.

8. Ronan@

Ronan@ Kilo Poster

Does anyone have any news on the roadmap from the Parallels Summit in relation to PBAS?

9. JoachimN

JoachimN Bit Poster

10. Ronan@

Ronan@ Kilo Poster

Any more news on future releases? There wasn't much in terms of features in the recent hotfix. I am wondering how long before we see a simpler online storefront and consolidated invoicing?

11. 64bithost.com

2010-03-31 hspc/pba?

Hi Everyone,

So this is a gripe:

I am currently running the latest version of HSPC/PBA and Parallels is projecting out 2 years for the next upgrade for HSPC/PBA.

I live in a college town with over 60,000 college students and cannot service them because my license structure which I purchased with SWSOFT is a NEVERENDING license thus I get free upgrades for life. The Motorola Droid just came out and is userping the Iphone in my town as far as popularity.

I want to be able to market to the up and coming technologies as well as be able to provide web hosting, domain registration, shared hosting, vps host and dds but Parallels is not stepping to the plate.

Where are you Parallels?

12. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello all.

The roadmap of PBA Standard is now in process completion, please monitor news on our site and forum.

64bithost.com, Chris, any ideas\features are highly appreciate, please do not be bothered to write them in parallels RT.

13. 64bithost.com

Clarification please

I greatly do not wish to offend, Please accept my apology but what is: Parallels RT

I realize I may have gone off topic but I just wish I could sell to those whom I am missing ( lament ).

14. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Please go to the home page of Support Portal (http://www.parallels.com/support/), select Create Support Request in the left navigation menu, and proceed further.
    As I can see, you already have an account and active support in your product license.