Another PBAS PCI compliance fail

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jacko@, Oct 13, 2009.

1. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Hello,

It looks like PBAS also fails various XSS PCI tests... it's complaining about:

/store/sign_in.php
    /store/plans.php
    /store/sign_in.php/images/sign_in.php

It's also complaining about Full Path Disclosure, however, that maybe a false positive.

jacko

2. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

I thought that the latest update had some PCI fixes? It seems that after the update we've had the PCI problems, which, otherwise were fine.

jacko

3. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Wonder if these in the release notes were meant to address this:

3225 (267935) PBAS PCI Compliance. Web Application Cross Site Scripting issue has been corrected in the default online store.
    3634 Configure PBAS for the PCI Compleance.

4. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

This issue is still ongoing even after talking to Parallels support team.

5. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Support team found 2 additional bugs on Wed 04/11/2009, but, no update since. PBAS is still not PCI compliant.

6. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

jacko@, default PBAS Online Store is now PCI compliant. KB article http://kb.odin.com/en/6228 will be updated soon with latest fixes.
    Also, all changes which affects PCI compliant will be in PBAS 3.3.3-hf8. ETA of hf8 is beginning of 2010.

7. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Sorry to say, but, there is now a new PCI fail. ResponseSplitting

The failure occurs in the store/index.php file.

You can replicate with something like this (port 443)

Path /store/index.php
    Query action=view_all_products
    type_id=%20%0d%0AContent-Type%3A%20text/html%0d%0aMcafee%3A%20ResponseSplitting%0d%0AContent-Type%3A%20text/html

I'll check my old emails to see if I have your email address and send the report to you.

Thanks,
    jacko

8. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

jacko@, I've sent you my email, please send me back your PCI scan results. Thank you in advance, this will help us a lot.

9. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Hello,

I didn't receive your email for some reason. We last spoke in ticket #791530 ... perhaps you can re-open and I will send report there. Alternatively I can send to your hotmail address if you use it.

jacko

10. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Not heard anything back... what do you suggest we do? Who can we send this to.

11. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

PBAS is not PCI compliant and therefor useless for processing online payments. This is unfortuante as I am sure many prospective customers would want that functionality.

12. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Sorry for delay in answer.
    jacko@, I sent my email via personal message system on this forum, you can see it there: http://forum.parallels.com/private.php?s=&pp=&folderid=0

By the way, you can create a new ticket in Parallels Support.