Adding IP Addresses

Discussion in 'Networking Questions' started by AaronMcH, Dec 21, 2013.

1. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi, I have a installation of Cloud Server running on a system, which was installed over my service providers network using their PEX server. The installation came with one container pre-created which I'm assuming has PVA on it.

I have one main IP Address pointed at the server, and 3 additional IP Addresses routed to the server. The pre-created container has the local IP Address 192.168.194.92, I would like to associate one of the additional IP Addresses I have to the container, I ran the following command to remove the local IP Address from the container:

Code:
    prlctl set 1 --ipdel 192.168.194.92
    Which returned the output:

Code:
    Enable automatic reconfiguration for this network adapter.
    Configure venet0 (+) type='routed' ips='<IPv6-ADDRESS>/64 '

The CT has been successfully configured.
    I then added the additional IP Address that I want to point to the container:

Code:
    prlctl set 1 --ipadd <IP-ADDRESS>
    Which returned the output:

Code:
    Enable automatic reconfiguration for this network adapter.
    Configure venet0 (+) type='routed' ips='<IPv6-ADDRESS>/64 <IP-ADDRESS>/255.255.255.0 '

The CT has been successfully configured.
    According to "prlctl list" the container has the IP Address, so everything looks ok.

My question is do I need to add the IP Address manually to any interfaces on the system, since the IP Address doesn't resolve, however when I add it as the interface eth0:0 the IP Address resolves to the system but not to any container, just to the system itself.

Thanks
    Aaron

2. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi is there anyone that can help me with this, it seems like a simple problem yet no one seems to have an answer.

Thanks

3. KristianM

KristianM Product Expert

Hi,

first of all CT1 does not require a public IP.
    You should restore the old settings and just create a new Container and add your IP to it.
    There is no need to add the IP to any additional Interface of the node.

Regards,
    Kristian

4. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi, basically I'm trying to use PVA and from what I understand CT1 has PVA installed, however I can't seem to access it.

any ideas?
    Thanks

5. KristianM

KristianM Product Expert

Hi,

PVA is not installed in CT1.
    All it is, is a proxy for PIM/PVA/PPP/Plesk etc.

The PVA Management Node needs to be installed seperatly and usually has CTID 50.
    To install PVA Management Node follow the following KB: http://kb.parallels.com/en/8104

If all you want is to access PVA/Power Panel for your CTs, then please note, that PVA/Power Panel for CTs and VMs is only available for host-routed CTs/VMs.
    Then you should make sure you have the following setup:

Regards,
    Kristian

6. KristianM

KristianM Product Expert

Hi again,

I forgot to mention.

For the PVA Management Node you will setup a dedicated external IP.
    You'll be able to reach PVA MN via https://IP:4648

PVA/Power Panel is reachable by: https://IPofCT:4643

Regards,
    Kristian

7. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have PVA running now, however when I go to add a hardware node, enter the IP Address of the hardware node, the root user, and the root password, then click register, it doesn't add the hardware node and just brings up the form again without any of the information I entered.

any ideas?
    Thanks

8. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Update, I have more info on the task from the task log:

Mar 11, 2014 08:56:52 PM Address: <ip-address> Completed
    Mar 11, 2014 08:56:52 PM Connection accepted by <ip-address> Completed
    Mar 11, 2014 08:56:52 PM init client node Completed
    Mar 11, 2014 08:56:55 PM Failed to register the physical server. Make sure that it has PVA Agent for Virtuozzo or for Parallels Server installed and is accessible via the network. Failed
    Mar 11, 2014 08:56:55 PM Failed to add new slave node: step 'init client node' failed with error 'Connection to vzagent was closed') Failed

However, I have already installed the PVA Agent for Parallels Server on the Hardware Node. The only thing that I can think of is that I tried installing PVA, then received an error to say that the PVA Agent wasn't installed, I installed it, then ran the installation again.

Thanks
    Aaron

9. KristianM

KristianM Product Expert

Hi,

could you please check if PVAAgent is installed on the Node?

# vzps awwx -E 0 | grep pvaagent

Regards,
    Kristian

10. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi thanks again for the reply, that returned this:

Code:
        0    6525 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [servconn]        -f /etc/opt/pva/pp/pvapp.conf
        0    6526 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vzcpenvcache]    -f /etc/opt/pva/pp/pvapp.conf
        0    6527 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vzcproxy]        -f /etc/opt/pva/pp/pvapp.conf
        0    6528 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vzcpwatcher]     -f /etc/opt/pva/pp/pvapp.conf
        0   11501 ?        Ss     0:00 pvaagent [gend]               //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11507 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [alertm]             //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11508 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [authm]              //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11509 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [backup_subscriber]  //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11510 ?        S      0:01 pvaagent [env_event_mon]      //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11511 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [license_event_monitor] pt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11512 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [logdb_subscriber]   //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11513 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [mailer]             //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11514 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [perf_mon]           //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11515 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [proc_info]          //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11516 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [res_log]            //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11517 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [resource_alert_monitor] t/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11518 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [securitym]          //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11519 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [server_group]       //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11520 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [service_hub]        //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11521 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [sessionm]           //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11522 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [user_profile]       //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11523 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vza_conf]           //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11524 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vza_perf]           //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11525 ?        S      0:07 pvaagent [vzapkgmonitor]      //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11526 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vzaproc_info]       //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11527 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vzasysd]            //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11528 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vzl_perf]           //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11529 ?        Sl     0:00 pvaagent [vzp_conf]           //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11530 ?        Sl     0:00 pvaagent [vzp_perf]           //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11531 ?        Sl     0:00 pvaagent [vzpproc_monitor]    //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11564 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [backup_reloader]    //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   11572 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vzpbackupm]         //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   13353 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [computerm]          //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   14743 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [webcp]           -f /etc/opt/pva/pp/pvapp.conf
        0   14744 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [vzaenvm]            //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   14745 ?        Sl     0:00 pvaagent [vzpenvm]            //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   14752 ?        S      0:00 pvaagent [licensem]           //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf
        0   18932 pts/0    R+     0:00 grep pvaagent

11. KristianM

KristianM Product Expert

Hi,

well that looks fine.
    Can you check if CT1 works as it should.

You should be able to call the following in your browser:
    https://NODEIP:4646/

Within PVA Management Node, when registering, shortly after entering all the details you should see a link with "details".
    Can you see that and click on it?

You might want to refresh the whole page after the Node has been registered.

Regards,
    Kristian

12. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi when I go to https://<IP/hostname>:4646/ I get the following message:

Although I tried it again, and it seems to have been successfully registered, very strange that it registered this time.

Thanks for the help with this,
    Aaron

13. KristianM

KristianM Product Expert

Hi,

that's normal and what I expected you to see. :)
    All should be resolved now.

Enjoy PCS6 ;)

Regards,
    Kristian

14. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Ah thank you for the help with this, and I will :)

15. Lee Woo

Lee Woo Bit Poster

thank you, very useful article for my work

16. dudzin

dudzin Bit Poster

Hi, i have the same problem