Add a plesk VPS to only two resellers

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by KonstantinosS, Mar 15, 2016.

1. KonstantinosS

KonstantinosS Mega Poster

I know I can add a plesk VPS on a client, but how can I have two specific clients use a specific plesk installation as resellers?

2. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

I'm not sure that understand you correctly. Can you please explain in more details what needs to be achieved?

3. KonstantinosS

I've got two clients who want a VPS, but don't want to have access to the files of each other and want to be billed separately. I know that inside Plesk I can add them as resellers, but how can I add them in OBAS?

Do I add them as resellers with a specific Plesk node? And how can I limit that node to just these two accounts?

4. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

If you are talking about sharing of one PVN or a VPS with Plesk between two customers - no, this is impossible. And does not matter are they resellers or simply customers. OBAS talking with Plesk node (PVN) always as admin, and one VPS (CT) cannot be billed for two customers.
    Possibly they do not clearly understand what is the VPS with Plesk? May be they will be satisfied to be just Plesk Clients (Resellers on Plesk)?

5. KonstantinosS

What's the difference between a Plesk client and a reseller in OBAS (apart from the second one having access to the rcc)? I don't mind having them as separate resellers, as long as they share a specific installation. Can a specific Plesk installation be assigned on just two Plesk clients?

6. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Let me explain entities to not mix them in future. When I'm talking about Plesk Client - this is a hosting plan type, and in Plesk < 10 there will be Plesk Client created on Plesk, but in Plesk >= 10.x there will be Plesk Reseller created.

If you want to dedicate one Plesk Node to 2 customers, just set up new HP of Plesk Client type, add a new Plesk Node, create two subscriptions for those two customers and provision them to that Plesk Node, and then uncheck "Allow new accounts" in Node properties to be sure that new subscriptions wouldn't be created there.

7. KonstantinosS

Thank you @dkolvakh

I assume that billing wise I set them up as resellers, right?

8. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Since HP will be Plesk Client type, they will be a regular customers on OBAS side, not an OBAS Resellers.