Activate web hosting for an existing subscription

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by ddias92, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ddias92

ddias92 Bit Poster

Hello,

How I can change the "Resource type for web hosting" for an existing subscription?

I've been created a subscription with no web hosting, but now I need to activate web hosting on that subscription.

Greetings

2. IgorG

IgorG Guru

Just click "Change Service Template" button for subscription and select needed Service Template with web hosting.

3. ddias92

ddias92 Bit Poster

Thanks for your reply.

I have already did that. When I check the resources for a subscription, the IIS Webspace (service template #X) still's with 0 units and I want to change for 1 unit.

Where can I change that?

4. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi,
    Thanks for pointing this out. The upsell scenario seems to be broken. The webspace is not created when we add it to the subscription.
    We'll follow up.

Regards,
    Andrey

5. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi,

I followed up with the problems on the subscription upgrade. It turned out that the problem is hidden behind the difference between single-webspace and multi-webspace subscriptions. By definition, a single-webspace subscription is a subscription, in which you can have only one webspace. In multi-webspace subscriptions customers can create webspaces on their own. In the first case the customer doesn't see the "Webspaces" tab in the customer panel. In the second case the tab is shown to the customer.

How the system distinguished between single- and multi-webspace subscription? It checks the limits of the Webspace, Mail hosting and DB service resources. If any of them has the limit greater than 1, the subscription is considered to be multi-webspace. If you do not intend to allow customers creating new webspaces, make sure that all three limits are set to 1.

When you change a single-webspace subscription from mail only service template to a service tempalte with mail and web hosting, web hosting should be enabled automatically. In other words, the upsell scenario works if you stay within the difinition of a single-webspace subscription.

In a multi-webspace subscription it is currently impossible to enable a service (mail or web) on already existing webspace. We'll prioritize this work item to make it possible.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis
    Parallels Plesk Automation Program Manager