About software upgrade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KenMaster, Aug 16, 2004.

1. KenMaster

KenMaster Guest

I am a client of using HSPComplete for managing website.

Recently, I have upgrade my MySQL server from version 3.23 to 4.0 (Manually). However, after the software upgrade. I found that I cannot access the database from "Databases Management" on the Control Panel. It says "MySQL server is not running. It is necessary to start it before managing Databases or using PHPmyAmdin. You can start MySQL server in "Application Management" section of zone "System" in your Control Panel."

But I am sure that the new MySQL server is running and accept connection both in localhost and remote. Actually, I can connect it through shell.

Can you tell me how do the Control Panel (or it may say HSPcomplete) determine the MySQL is currently running? When I downgrade the MySQL server to 3.23, it runs, but this is not I want.

I know that there is some different between the script and command of MySQL version 3.23 and MySQL version 4.0

Can you tell me how the system runs to call MySQL, so that I can modify the configuration of the MySQL without modify the setting of the HSPcomplete system.

Thank you very much.
    Best Regards,
    Ken Master
  2. SupportTeam

SupportTeam Guest

HSPcomplete determines if mysql is running or not with

# /etc/init.d/mysqld status

and starts/stops it with

# /etc/init.d/mysqld start
    # /etc/init.d/mysqld stop

HSPcomplete does not support Mysql 4.x. Please try to create a symlink

# ln -s /etc/init.d/mysqld /etc/init.d/mysql

and check if it works. Let us know if it helped.

Alexander Fenster
    SWsoft Support Team