4.1.6 - 4.2.1 Plesk gate for Node was not initialized

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marko1103, Nov 23, 2012.

1. marko1103

marko1103 Kilo Poster

Hello,

I finally managed to resolve issue with skin customization in PBAS 4.1 and then I upgraded my testing PBAS which is a virtuozzo backup of our running environment and get it up and running in disaster recovery network with local IP adresses. We also have Plesk backup of our production running in this setup too.

Now after I upgraded I cannot provision any domain to Plesk.
    I got the following error:
    "Process provisioning for document; Plesk gate for Node #10 was not initialized"

Of course I did change Plesk node IP address to the one in local network. Also, I created a new Plesk node with fresh install of Plesk 10.4.4. in disaster recovery network (that means 2 Plesk nodes available to test).

Everything worked with provisioning in untouched 4.1.6. version but now after upgrade PBAS cannot provision anything or I cannot login to customers Plesk Panel via PBAS.

I can change Plesk node setting and if I enter wrong password PBAS is saying that the password is incorrect and with a correct password settings are saved succesfully so there is a connection to Plesk node.

If I install fresh copy of PBAS then everything is working fine even if I upgrade from 4.1.6 to 4.2.1.

Does anybody have a clue what could possibly be a problem to this beahaviour I dont want to end up upgrading my PBAS and find out that it couldn`t work :) ?

Kind regards,
    --
    Marko

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Hi Marko,

I think that the issue is caused by incorrect cloning of the environment.

Beginning with PBAS 4.2, admin passwords for Plesk nodes are not stored in DB anymore. Security key is used instead for communication with the node. The key is created on the node registration (or automatically after upgrade to 4.2) for a specific IP address (IP address of PBAS node).
    I suspect that you not changed IP address of PBAS server correctly and as result secure key is created for one IP but PBAS tries to connect to Plesk node from another one. And as result the connection is refused.

Make sure that you set new IP address for the PBAS server in the parameter SERVER_IP, in the configuration file /etc/hspc/hspc.conf.
    Refer to http://kb.parallels.com/en/114002 for more details.

3. marko1103

marko1103 Kilo Poster

thank you. I should read release note more carefully next time :)

this helped to solve my issue